The Provincetown Commons supports artists, creative professionals, small enterprise, scientific and technological projects, and community initiatives through collaborative workspace, shared resources, educational programs, and economic development initiatives. Through the development and management of accessible space and resources, the Commons serves as a nexus for collaboration, vibrant relationships, and new economic opportunity for creative people in Provincetown.
- Establishing a nexus for creative collaboration, work, and professional development as a way of building Provincetown’s year-round economy.
- Providing educational and professional programs that support economic development.
- Maintaining workspace for established and emerging artists and creative professionals, including access to shared technology, conference rooms, and strong digital infrastructure.
- Communicating nationally that Provincetown supports artists and creative professionals on a year-round basis.
- Researching the existing impact and potential of the arts/creative economy as a means for building Provincetown’s year-round economy.
- Providing space for start-ups and community organizations.
- Establishing an intergenerational working community, including professionals, youth, and retired people.
- Developing funds to seed new economic opportunity.
- Providing access to civic space for creative programming and program development.